Monday, January 9, 2012

Musica Monday: You Are Not Alone In This


As I was folding laundry (because it is one of the things I tend to do a lot) I was watching a new episode of Hell On Wheels.  It is one of my top choice shows because it's a gritty western dealing with the building of the railroad and it has one of my favorite rappers as a main character, Common

What does this have to do with Musica Monday you ask?  In the opening scene there is a battle and what caught my attention was the song played in the background. It went perfectly with the scene that was moving in slow motion.  It was "Timshel" by Mumford and Sons.  I was reminded how beautiful the song is and realized I had not heard it in quite some time.

Part of the lyrics to the song are:
  And you are not alone in this
  But you are not alone in this

  As brothers we will stand and we'll hold your hand
  Hold your hand

What this song personally means to me is that I am not alone. I have family, friends and God and for that I am grateful.  It reminds me that my action causes a reaction. So my intention for today is to choose my words carefully.

Thank you.




 

1 comment:

  1. WHat? Common? hell on heels?
    is it on netflix?
    I want to see it! :)

    Also, love the verse you quoted... so true!
    We are not alone, and I like your intention today.... I'll have to try that.... :)

    Happy monday!
    xo.
    Des.

    ReplyDelete