Monday, January 2, 2012

Breathe...Don't gasp

I wanted to share this post at the beginning of the New Year as not only a reminder to myself but as something we can all share in. (notice I said all?)

I was at the kitchen sink washing dishes with speed.  It was almost pushing the sponge into the plate trying to make it meld into one.  I wasn't really paying attention to the action because I was inside my head making a to do list for the rest of the evening when all of a sudden a big gust of wind came through the window.  It blew my hair back and I stopped what I was doing, closed my eyes and took a deep breath.  I smiled and said out loud, "I hear you. Thank you."  My daughter was walking in and asked who I was talking to. I replied that I was talking to the Universe because it was telling me to breathe.  Her response, "duh mom, if you don't you'll die" to which I took a deep breath again (to keep me from throwing the sponge).

It was then I noticed how I tend to hold my breath when I am trying to rush through a task.  Well, no resolutions for 2012 but breathe.  Let the deep breaths give you a sense of calm, may the deep breaths remind you how blessed life is and may deep breaths keep you from chucking something at your kids!

For music Monday...I choose Breathe (2 a.m.) by Anna Nalick

Also, the picture brings me a sense of calm. It was drawn by Maite who turns 9 today. 

2 comments:

  1. I hold my breath too when I am concentrating hard on something. Funny something so natural is something you have to remember to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the picture and what a wonderful reminder to breathe!!

    ReplyDelete