Monday, August 29, 2011

Music Transcends All Boundaries

I have always loved music.  As a kid, I had a portable record player (you can read post on how I thought I killed Jesus by playing my records...really, read it) and I remember playing my 45's on it.  My first job was typing the school news letter.  All my money at that time went into vinyl (I know, I keep dating myself!)

I worked in the music industry for over 15 years and I had the privilege of working with very talented artists.  Some of them were well known and others were indie artists that should have been known. I am in awe of those who write and perform for the love of music.  It is amazing to me how they write lyrics and put together a melody. I believe that music transcends all boundaries. I say this over and over.  I also love music in other languages. You may not know the words that are being sung but the passion in their voice tugs at your heart, the song speaks to your soul. 

So I will now have Music Mondays on my blog.  It will be my pleasure to remind you of something you have not heard in a while or perhaps introduce you to something new. Viva la musica!

P.S.  I know it is Tuesday but I forgot to post yesterday.




No comments:

Post a Comment