Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Where is the mom's easy button?

I am on my second day with some sort of crazy virus that has me sneezing, coughing and just darn uncomfortable. Usually I can feel that tickle in the back of my throat which then leads me to take wellness formula to prevent whatever wants to arrive and vacation in my body. Not this time! It snuck in without warning and pitched a tent in my "cuerpo." Sucio!!

I still had to get up in the morning to make breakfast and lunch for my daughters, get them ready to school and watch two 3 year olds. After picking up the girls from school I realized this illness was my kryptonite and I was out for the count. I put down my mom cape called my sister and asked her to come home quickly from work and watch the kids because I was curled up in the corner of the living room like Gollum/Sneigel with no precious in sight.

This mom may not have the "easy" button but I do have familia you can count on in time of crisis. My sister came early this morning took the girls to school so I could sleep in. I am still coughing up pieces of lung but felt better to sing her praises. I love my "seester".

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! You have no idea how lucky you are to have family close by. We have no one in Los Angeles and I always dread getting sick because of that.

    ReplyDelete