Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dichos de mi Abuela #2






Now that my/our abuela has passed, her dichos seem more beautiful than ever. They are a piece of oral history to be handed down from generation to generation. The funny thing is that I didn't start using them until I became a mother. Coincidence? Hmmm.....


"toda via se le sube el santo al cielo"


Direct translation: their saint still floats up to the sky -


How it was used:
I was having a conversation with my mother about cleaning and how everyone's definition of clean is completely different (mamas, you know I am right) Our clean is to keep scrubbing until we are sure the germs are gone while children and some men (because I don't want the verbal beat down) are to merely wipe that which is visible (and barely that at times). So we came to the conclusion that a certain person's cleaning habits is because "toda via se le sube el santo al cielo." They are not focused or present to the situation.

Have fun using this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment