Monday, December 14, 2009

Last week of school should be slow...what the heck?

So this is the last week of school for my girls before the big break. Why did I believe that it would be a slow week? Whatever happened to mom counting down the days of the holiday performance? I and the Mar Vista 7 (a group of moms that belong to several committees from PTA, to book fairs, garden, classroom volunteering and 5th grade culmination) have a hell of a week upon us and that isn't mentioning the Girl Scout events for this weekend....yikes!

We will be finishing 1st grade costumes, spray painting t-shirts for 5th grade, buying supplies for 5th grade to build ginger bread houses (yup, I am making the icing) which is on the same day as the 1st grade holiday party, selling baked goods and school tshirts at the holiday performance and ending the last day with the 5th grade holiday party. FYI, parties include baking and or cooking, serving at the party and clean up with my twins (Gael & my neice Luna) at my side...
And here you thought that piece of material around my waist was an apron (it's really a cape).

Could it be I thrive on chaos or is it that I lost my damn mind? Will my girls appreciate this when they get older? These are the questions that keep me awake at night...

2 comments:

  1. Love the part about your apron really being a cape!
    Your girls will appreciate it, tomorrow and years to come.
    Can't wait for cookie making madness tomorrow. Oh, and you forgot to add that to your long list of activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! It's a nightmare and I'm right there with you. Add to that trying to feed our families and sleep and -- oh -- blog. Forget it -- I can't wait for vacation -- so I can get something done!

    ReplyDelete