Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Estas son las mananitas...

OOOH weee! How long has it been since I blogged. I have all these ideas floating through my bilingual brain but have not written them down. To my 8 followers, I apologize. Let this Chicana get her butt in gear and start tapping away at the keys.

To those who are new, bienvenidos. What's up and welcome.

Today I turned 44. Yup, I can actually admit it. I don't have a problem owning up to the age. It's the gray hairs on top of my head that I am having trouble with. My husband wished "the old geezer" a happy birthday and I came back with the fact that he could get "cash for clunkers." All he has to do is trade me in for a newer model. He is attached to old things (proof is the falcon sitting on the driveway) so I am staying. But chale people, is not 40 the new 30? I have 3 kids not even in their teens yet. Doesn't that count for something?

For a quick second, and I do mean second. I moped that at 44 I had no real career. Not one that I got paid for. It didn't help that the girls were fighting today, the most blessed day. In return I yelled at the top of my voice "Stop it! No fighting on my birthday! What kind of present is this! This sucks!!" It worked. They cleaned their room and behaved the rest of the day. Acting a little crazy does wonders.

I do have a career. Mother. I get to witness all the ups and downs of my children. I am their northstar on their compass. When in doubt, go to mama. I have three angelitos (with broken halos sometimes) that God has given to me. I am also blessed with a wonderful family (Alamillo & Ramirez) and amazing friends that I can vent to, laugh with and create ever lasting memories.

So as my Mexican Buddha husband has told me "The grass is not always greener on the other side". This is true. I have no business cards or a blackberry (even though I am working on this one). I do have people around me to create wonderful memories with stories to tap onto these keys.

The best gift I got? The realization of noticing my blessings. Second? The starbucks card I got from Angie. Chow......(the east l.a. cry that is pronounced "sha au" in a high pitch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment