Monday, May 4, 2009

ok people, this is actually my first blog I tested on some family and friends. Happy reading...


Dios Me Ampare





I often heard my mother yell the words “Dios me apare.” I never really understood why she said it until now. I am the mother of 3 beautiful children that I often threaten to sell to the gypsies. Not really. Now for those readers of “no habla espanol”, the phrase translates roughly to “God help me” or in the words of the Carrie Underwood song “Jesus, Take The Wheel.” Which by the way, I found myself yelling in the kitchen as I looked up to the ceiling. It isn’t until now that I find myself constantly saying these words in my head. Ahhh, that’s what mom meant. It was a cry for emotional and spiritual help from the frustration of her children not listening. And now, it is my turn. Personally, I would like to put it on a t-shirt.


I have to be focused on God to help me or else I turn to my favorite vocabulary word “f**k”. And there are plenty of variations, “F**k this”, “What The F**k?”, “F**k, F**k, F**k”and the ever favorite, “F**k Me.” Side note: It isn’t as good as the blogger mom who wants to use the word mother fucker and platypus in the same sentence. Kudos. That one brought tears to my eyes.


And only another mother can understand the “Dios Me Ampare” because it is truly something experienced. And with this, I hope to bring the Latina perspective (or the pocha experience) of motherhood to your eyes. Also, I have a habit of jumping topics without a transitional sentence. Only my sister hears the transition in my brain. Love you Lucy. May you experience laughter and or sympathy for the stories to be told. But know, all is told with “amor.” Love.
After all, isn’t that the solution for this crazy world that we live in?

3 comments:

  1. hey prima.....thanks for inviting me to read your blog! Great way to share to others, maybe I too, will be inspired to do the same!
    hey, my mom used to do the same...she would say, "ave maria purisima".....etc.
    Anyhow, I'm sure I will find myself saying the same in the time to come!
    anyhow....time to bathe the baby! hope to see u soon,
    XoXo,
    Moni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria!
    great to see you blogging! Love the first post and I look forward to reading more.....
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete